Warforged Ancient

Bovine13

Hunter
This is how I painted my bio

Start with a raw Ancient from Biohunter76. Using ball end tool in my dremel I carved out the symbols on brow, chin, and cheek.
DSCN3800b.jpg

DSCN3809b.jpg

Wiped the Bio down with MEK and sprayed with auto gray primer. Use a quality primer.
DSCN3811b.jpg

DSCN3812b.jpg

Tape of section to be painted. I used 1/4" fine line tape to get a clean line and regular 1" masking tape to cover the rest of the area.
DSCN3814b.jpg

Paint taped area
DSCN3816b.jpg

Remove tape slowly
DSCN3819b.jpg

Reverse tape the painted area using same tapes as before
DSCN3849b.jpg

DSCN3854b.jpg

Paint carvings and weather Bio to desired effect
DSCN3906b.jpg

DSCN3909b.jpg

This was my first Bio paint-up. More finished Pics in The Arsenal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mortal Immortal

Elite Hunter
WOW, two toned bio now thats what I'm talking about. That looks great and the details stand out very nicely. Great job and hope to see more from you in the future.

Mortal Immortal

Elite Hunter
Then we should be seen you suit up pretty soon in the lairs suit thread. Looks like your on a mission and I can't wait to see what you got.

Bovine13

Hunter
I hope so. It all depends on how much I have to travel for work. Been home for a week so got some stuff done. The one suite (mine) is going pretty good. BUT, my friend is getting off his but and I will be starting his suit soon. So, mine may slow down but, there will be progress and pics on two suits instead of one.

Justin

Blooded
Wow. Those engravings are just incredible looking! I love how those turned out. Did you freehand them or reference anything?

Foremost, awesome paint job! Love it.

If you plan on doing taped off sections, you do realize that you could just paint the whole mask with one of the two tones, tape, and then do the second tone, so you're only taping once, right? Just throwing that out there, unless there's something I'm missing with the extra step. Seriously though, looks awesome!