Warpaint's Artwork

xdmray

Elite Hunter
Thanks man,

Native American hunter was actually my first idea from the beginning. It has evolved a bit from there with the medicine man-ish theme. I'm definitley going to have a necklace made of eyeballs. There will be teeth and claws. There will be feathers. There will be many beads. There will be blood. I drink creativity's milkshake.

and i put my straw in you creativity.

like the american native draw-ring. looks pretty cool dude. nice subtle nuances.

Warpaint

Blooded
Hey folks,

I was finally able to translate what I've had in mind for my suit's Bio on my lunch hour today. Hopefully, now you can better see where I'm going with the horns and feathers n' such. Somewhat similar to a traditional headdress in regards to overall shape, and it would flow with the Bio's dome contours. The horns would have a twisted/ribbed/Giger-esque texture and they would flow with the feathers.

The main necklace is comprised of eyeballs and big teeth/tusks with a Tyrannosaurus tooth pendant. There would ultimately be more necklaces than shown here, I just wanted to get the idea across. The medicine bags would be various sizes and stained leather on a braided sling. (in reality, this would be great for stashing phone, wallet, repair kit, etc. at a con.)

There are dual smart discs, beacuse, well... thats awesome.

Same goes for the neckring, cannon, and dread beads - they are mostly placeholders here in this drawing.

I have also been try to conceptualize a stringless recurve bow that would (within the Predator tech world, anyway) use electro-magentic linear accelarators to propel the arrows. I want to design/fab it so that the limbs fold inward via actuators, and so it can be attached to a quiver on my back with rare earth magnets. The main body of the bow would definitely need to be a two part hollow cast to house the electronics, so I'm trying to keep in mind how it will be made and what will be inside as I am designing it.

I'll try to get some bow concepts on paper soon.
Enjoy.

utf-8BSU1HMDA1NDYtMjAxMTAyMTEtMTUxOC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA1NDktMjAxMTAyMTEtMTYxMi5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA1NDgtMjAxMTAyMTEtMTYxMi5qcGc.jpg

Allright! That looks like it could become one of the best costumized preds out there. :(
Very good theme and I like it very much. If that didnt come through in my earlier comments. :)
I like the idea of the bow and it will be interesting how you plan on working it all out. Good luck with it!

kala

Blooded
Really liking the bio concept...very different. I also like the feathers in the dreads, i was hoping to add some to mine when I start building it!

Warpaint

Blooded
Hey folks,

I thought it was about time for an update:

First up, the Jimi Hendrix & Predator album art commission:

DSCN0224-1.jpg

RedPred.jpg

jimiPred-2.jpg

Check out Matt's site at http://ebertmusic.com/, there is some very amazing music on this LP.

and...I did a quick ink job on an old sketch this morning:

DSCN0227.jpg

DSCN0229.jpg

I hope you dig, hopefully I can put more up more often.

Mike

REYALS

Elite Hunter
That last PRED is wicked looking. I dig your style. Looks almost really simple yet complex at the same time.

Keep on with it. Coo.

A good idea is using ancient sharktooth. You can buy them on ebay in big volumes. Like the medicine- potionbags. Maybe when you use feathers use some big black ones as filling.
Me 2 was thinking of making an ancient american predator but it's wiser to let others do it. Because it's not an easy thing to do.

Warpaint

Blooded
A good idea is using ancient sharktooth. You can buy them on ebay in big volumes. Like the medicine- potionbags. Maybe when you use feathers use some big black ones as filling.
Me 2 was thinking of making an ancient american predator but it's wiser to let others do it. Because it's not an easy thing to do.
I have had a lot of fun creating it, I hope one day i can bring him to life. Thank you for the tip on the shark teeth; i found Macaw feathers that look incredible.

Warpaint

Blooded
Ok, so we now have a full on Heavy Metal throne w/ Xeno skulls, feathers, teeth an such, Mr. Johnny Long-Dread on the left with blades a poppin', and another as to be drawn Royal Gaurd on the right. These chaps will be chained to the throne, with maybe some ritual headpieces. Heavy light and shadow play for this one. enjoy:

DSCN0233-1.jpg

SizzyBubbles

Young Blood
Your artwork is very impressive! very truly. I like how its kinda like a comic book kinda style, can't wait for more/finished stuff.