We`re getting there.

5179Brian

My bio is finally taking shape after a month. Thanks for the pointers guys. My dread rings have been aged and painted as advised. Each one is different. Spent ages at work ( ) with a craft knife, hack saw dremel and paint.
Still to go is, painting of the `head`, Visor for eyes and cable routing for lasers as well as padding for the inner helemt so its a better fit. I won`t post until its done.

i141.photobucket.com/albu...haid54.jpg

i141.photobucket.com/albu.../rings.jpg

i141.photobucket.com/albu.../thumb.jpg

T

tommynator1024

looking excellent so far!!!

So, what have you used? The construction foam or a latex undermask?? I'm still not come any farther with my own and would appreciate further hints.

P

pirkleations

Very nice work so far!!

The dreds rings look great! It looks like everything is coming together nicely for you!!

~DangerDavey

5179Brian

Thanks guys. Tommynator ,I went down the bicycle helmet route (Hot glued at the correct angle to the bio). Yautja Clones idea here.Expanding foam was then added (a little at a time over 4 days) to the surrounding gap/area. When cured it was cut to shape then sanded. Then drilled out for dreads. Then painted. Dreads glued in using shoo goo (excellent stuff) and thats about where I am now.

T

tommynator1024

holy shishkebap... that looks gorgeous.

I managed to fit the rollerblading helmet I bought off an aquaintance into my custom bio...which turned out to be a wee bit to small (or the helmet too big...). Now i got the problem that I can mount it and can see pretty ok through the eyeholes, but my eyes are too far away from the mesh, so the angle gets bad and I can't see the trilaser dots anymore...

So I guess I have to cut the blade helmet up and trim it's front...

P

pirkleations

Brian,

That last picture would make a good Christmas card!

"And his trophies were hung on the garland with care, in the hope that the Elder soon would be there..."

That is looking pretty awesome!!

~DangerDavey

5179Brian

thanks for the encouragement guys, appreciated. Makes you wanna try that bit harder. Not much to do asides from padding now and mybe fit a chin strap. It wouldn`t be cool for Preds head to fall off in public!. I can see a Muscle suit coming on next. So no doubt I`ll be annoying people with randon questioning!!!!