Weapon Wall Process/ Lair. Pg13 Alien Marking Finger 19/02/12

Jsweeney200

Blooded
this looks great i have to say, i'm going to start a weapon wall of my own, and you have got me hooked on making one
thanks for the insperation, i'm gonna have to find 2 avp requiem claymores, and i'll pick up a few pieces soon.

made007

Elite Hunter
i saw some claymores on ebay, maybe they are don jarrs, they have leds and they stick to the wall, maybe with magnets

edit: i checked the seller name and its don

Double H

Elite Hunter
i saw some claymores on ebay, maybe they are don jarrs, they have leds and they stick to the wall, maybe with magnets

If they are Don Jarrs, they will have magnets attached to them. I believe he uses rare earth magnets but not sure of the size

Usurper

Veteran Hunter
Done, i decided to mould a few in foam, so they are bendy, there is a seem line underneath which is hard to get perfect as it seems to always distaught when i clamp the mould, even though i am using wood on either side. video link is at the bottom of this post.

af1.jpg

af2.jpg

af1.jpg

af2.jpg

Usurper

Veteran Hunter
Well in a attempt to get motivated again, I decided i would add a PREDATOR plaque to the plaque lineup.

However, trying to DUMB DOWN a pred ish shape is giving me problems, i KNOW i have to make it completely NOT lifelike, and i am struggling to do so without it looking like ..............well rubbish.
a friend who has seen it says the eyes, and i kind of agree, but i am trying to keep it reeeeeeeeeeeally basic like the alien plaques are, i am just not sure this one is working, so this may not be moulded because unless i figure out how to get the look i like, im going to hulk smash it. :)

Maybe someone can offer advice as to why this is not working.

if it happens these will be 10x10 as i wanted slightly smaller plaques.

pp1.jpg

pp.jpg

pp1.jpg

pp.jpg

Hippie

Blooded
like it Lee.
In my opinion the bottom eye lid is drooping a bit but that's only because you mentioned eyes. Who tf am I though? But that's cool because as you say it's not supposed to be life like.
I'd like one of these.
Great to see you getting back into the swing of things fella.
C.

Usurper

Veteran Hunter
Thanks Guys.

Chris and anyone.

ANY help is awesome,  so please point things out to make it more stoned carved looking.

wonko

Hunter
Sorry I can't help on the plaque Lee, but I had to jump in here and tell you how awesome this thread is.  I'm glad you brought it back from the depths, as I hadn't seen it before now.  I have gained a new respect for your sculpting skills...simply fantastic.

Brian

carss66

Hunter
great job mate,looks good.but for my eyes,i would redo the top as it looks squished.sorry to jump in as im no expert.but if you look at the hole thing,your looking at the eyes/face straight on,and the top head from above.if you look at one of your heads from an angle you like,then you will see how the hole thing is positioned.sorry to give my noob point.hope you will forgive me mate.

carss66

Hunter
Usurper said:
Dude im asking for advice lol.

ALL is welcome.

although im not sure the top looks squished hehe.
sorry,what i mean is you are looking down on the top of the head,and you look straight at the face so looks like he's been run over with a steamroller lol.just saw your pred signature pic,and the left one looks like what you are going for mate. 

eaglewood

Hunter
kithunter said:
i give it THUMBS up...get it? ...cause it's a finger ...

i made a funny ...sorry i was watching foghorn leghorn ...

nice and nasty at the same time lee
I thought it was a Pred Turd at first glance LOL

wonko

Hunter
I may be off here Lee, but I keep looking at it and keep thinking the "cheek" area needs to be a little wider, or maybe more defined.  The only other thing that I see is maybe the brow line is a little low.  Hell, I don't know, I think it looks good the way it is.  I think you've captured the look you were going for.  I'm gonna keep looking at it and see if anything else jumps out at me, but so far those would be the only 2 things grabbing my attention.

Brian