What did he say??

S

sinister70

Hello all.
Well it's question time, and one that has been driving me batty for a few weeks. I had P2 on video and not noticed this but recently picked up a copy on DVD and have been driving the wife mad by playing a small bit again and again.
So to get to the point. When the elder throws Harrigan the flintlock pistol he says "Take it" we all know that. But as he turns away he says something else. Does anyone know what it is? It sure sounds like English but my subtitles don't help and niether does turning the volume up. If anyone feels like answering this sad question please do, if only to stop my wife cramming the DVD where the sun don't shine.

Cheers

Y

yautja clone

I agree...I always thought he said GET OUT !

interesting mystery.

J

JAILER1955

Although it makes no sense, but it sounds like "Is All" with a heavy repile slurring.

M

MEANGENE83

I brought this up in some other thread last week.

This too has been buggin the **** outta me forever.
I wonder.....

Sounds like alot of gurgling and some kind of a word. I wrote it off as some kind of predator language word.

M

MEANGENE83

While we are at it!

I always wondered what the Hero pred says when he is in the MEATHOUSE, it is when he is switching his video modes and finds the cold suit guys. And he looks at his hands and says something which i have no fuckin clue what it was....

E

Eagleskull

He says "now you will die" in the Meathouse after seeing the dudes in the suits

S

sinister70

Good point Gene! Yet another thing to do and annoy the missus Hahaha
And as for the elder thing I thought I had it cracked last night thinking he said "GO" but now I'm thinking it could be "Get out". I'm still not 100% happy.

P

pirkleations

Personally, I still think he's saying(in Yautja)

"See you again soon"

~DangerDavey

P

Predrhone

I always wondered what the Hero pred says when he is in the MEATHOUSE, it is when he is switching his video modes and finds the cold suit guys. And he looks at his hands and says something which i have no fuckin clue what it was....
I'm almost certain he says "Mother of God."

What Danny said before being killed in the penthouse.

As for the Elder, I don't think it's meant to be anything... just a gutteral growl. My opinion though, of course...

S

sinister70

Yep that is the answer to your question Gene. He looks at his hands and says "Mother of God". Nice going Predrhone.

Cheers

E

Eagleskull

Yep that is the answer to your question Gene. He looks at his hands and says "Mother of God". Nice going Predrhone.
Not to burst your bubble, but he says "Now You will die" watch it with subtitles
quot.jpg

Y

yautja clone

The ELDER in Predator 2 turns and says...... " ENJOY AVP " !!

After listening to the audio more closely. It sounds like the Elder says... " Danny Boy tasted like ...CHICKEN "

P

PredatoRob

I disagree.

If I've learned anything from watching tons and tons of Asian movies, it's that subtitles aren't infallible. It's very possible for the person doing the subtitles to missinterpret, or missunderstand what is being said.

Now, my boy Colin and I have discussed the Predators "speaking" capabilities. He understands what he is saying, BUT doesn't form sentences on his own; he merely copies or mimics what is being said to him or around him. No where in the movie do any of the characters say "now you will die." I believe he says "Mother of God" in the slaughterhouse scene. Danny says that just before he get's his **** ruined. That all makes sense to me. I think it would've been just a tad too cheesey if the Predator had infact said "now you will die."

I think what the Elder is saying is just gibbirish. A few gutteral slurs and other assorted alien noises. Or, it could infact be a command for "lets get out de' ****." However I think it was just meant to be weird noises and not anything in particular. Perhaps like a "sigh" of frustration.

M

MoviesColin

I think it would've been just a tad too cheesey if the Predator had infact said "now you will die."
However, it did say "Motherf*****." and "S*** happens."

Which I found to be VERY cheesy, even at the age of seven when I first saw it.

PREDATOR'S DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH! They copy what we say, as Rob pointed out.

Think about it. We could be saying something completely stupid or threatening with a deer call/bleat, but we have no idea what it says. It could say "Help!", "Go die!", or "I'm horny!" (That's if the deer have a language for it all)

Now, the Predators copy things we say "Mother of God..." "Danny Boy." "Want some candy?" ect., and it has no clue what it's saying. The prey just is attracted through curiousity, and WHAM. The Predators probably couldn't care less what it says. It just wants it's dang trophy.

S

Supreme Hunter

I think it kinda sounds like "hail child" but its just my oppinion.

-Chris

A

acerhater

Now, the Predators copy things we say "Mother of God..." "Danny Boy." "Want some candy?" ect., and it has no clue what it's saying. The prey just is attracted through curiousity, and WHAM. The Predators probably couldn't care less what it says. It just wants it's dang trophy.
A predators version of a game call.