What is the correct eyeball color of the P1?

Faken

Hunter
For some reason I don't know this either way... the Sideshow Maquette and a few other pieces I have seen based on the P1 have blue/purplish eyeballs instead of white. Is that accurate? I know the Sideshow 1:1 bust doesn't have the right eyes at all, so is that purple/blue color the right one?

Dan

Skullsplitter

Elite Hunter
So what's the deal with the blue/purple, especially on the sideshow maquette that is supposed to be dead on accurate? :)
It is.
Blue outer ring, blending towards yellow and finally a touch of red around the pupil. Like to have the Side-show version in a full-lens, I really like the design... Makes the pred sinister, menacing and alien in appearance.

Robillicus

Hunter
Well... ****. If you want to go by what's accurate; I say check these out -

pred1statue1.jpg

Pred.jpg

From all the screen caps that I've seen, the SWS statues' eyes seem to be the closest to "screen accurate." I wouldn't go by the maquette. The paint jobs on those things, from what I've seen; and from what they COST, was just absurd.

I think that Larry Kidds Predator paint-ups, and the head that Steve Wang did are way more accurate.

Collage1.jpg

pred34so3-1.jpg

Ice

Hunter
The eyes I've liked on a P1 was the ones on this Morris statue. Does any body have a picture of it? I always thought on a P1 they were more yellow and brown and the more purple ones were only on the P2. On the P2 SE dvd they have a picture of K.P.H with the purple eyes. I don't know why they decided to mix them up.

p1back.jpg

Skullsplitter

Elite Hunter
Well... ****. If you want to go by what's accurate; I say check these out -

pred1statue1.jpg

Pred.jpg

From all the screen caps that I've seen, the SWS statues' eyes seem to be the closest to "screen accurate." I wouldn't go by the maquette. The paint jobs on those things, from what I've seen; and from what they COST, was just absurd.
Funny that this statue has the blue ring alright :)