WHAT?

M

Master Hobbs

what super hero costume would be best to make the skin out of?

Y

YautjaWan

well, from what i've seen looking around on the boards, anything with muscles can be used really, Superman, Batman, Rambo or probably even the Fantastic 4 outfit.
Use your imagination and you'll probably be able to figure something out to suit most budgets. Heres a link to a site about one guys Pred project.

www.mazman.co.uk/predator...s-body.asp

Hope That helps.

T

The Mortal Immortal

I have one of those suits maked by DB. It fits nice and very comfortable. I would use something with a light color, do to the fact you have to paint over it with a light color. Red is not a good color to paint over. I would try to find the cheapist one i could find. Ebay is a good place to start the search.

Y

YautjaWan

Wow, thanks, Good little tute! looks easy enough, i'll let you know when i try it though!!

M

Master Hobbs

i would buy one from db, but it wont fit .
i narrowed down to these ones, which one do you think is the best?

11448.jpg

20138.jpg

N

neonstorm7

Check this one out...

Space Ghost Costume

That's the one I used. It looks similar to the Superman one, but it had the least conspicuous chest logo I could find. You can see my progress with mine here.

The chest is a semi-rigid foam, which seems like it would hold its shape much better than the stuffed chest pieces. The only downside is that it'll hinder movement a little and it got a little stuffy, but I'm gonna cut a few ventilation holes under the armor to help it breathe better.

I buffed off some of the chest logo with a Dremel then painted over it the rest of the way.

The results weren't perfect, but I think it looks darn good!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Ryan

******edit******

Looking at the Superman again, it looks like the emblem may just be glued on, so it may come off easier *or* it may leave a gluey mess on the chest... Hmmm...

They do have it in adult sizes right?

Ryan

N

neonstorm7

That looks cool... It's just hard to picture as a pred being so colorful.

You may want to Google a little, I found a few sites that may have it cheaper than the eBay auction you linked to. (What, with the $25 shipping and all.)

Here's one...

Post some pics! Are you gonna latex it?

Ryan