Whats the cheapest and easiest way to make a mold?

N

nick1990

Hello everyone. I was just wondering what the easiest and cheapest way to make a mold of a bio was. Im planning on making a copy of it. Im wanting to do so because i want to make it more like the one in AVP. Here is a picture of mine. As you can see it really dosent look like the one in the movie.
IMG_0398.jpg

What should i use to make the modifications after i make a copy? I was wondering if plaster of paris would work. I could realy use some help. Ive never made a mold of anything. So can someone please help me.

M

MEANGENE83

Well be fore warned. What you are asking to do is called RECASTING. And if frowned upon by alot of people.

Me personally i dont care either way.

BUT with that said expect some FLAK from your post.

If you want to ALTER this bio to make it look more like AVP i sugest what you do is order some CLAY. OIL BASED or WATER BASED.

THEN from there add clay to the surface of the bio to rework the shapes and make it look more "AVP-ish" like you want.

THEN from there you will make a mold of the helmet with clay on it and make copies from that mold.

Keep in mind the helmet you put clay on is still fine, just needs a lil cleaning off or the clay and its back to normal.

N

nick1990

From my understanding i can put some clay on i can always take it off and it will be fine.