Who carrying what for weapons ??

Y

yautja clone

Just curious what everyone plans on having onboard for hunting. Are you carrying the film weapons, customs, or a combination of both or all ? My costume is Pred 1 version, but I will probably carry the disc and the wrist dart and maybe a custom weapon of some sort. Anybody have any "SECRET" weapon they'ed like to share... ????

Yautja Clone :.

"Want Some Candy" ?

B

BOUNTY HAUNTER

Mmm...I'm going film accurate Pred1 version all the way.

The only additional item I'm considering carrying is the spear. I gather that the spear is the Pred's favored weapon for Alien hunting, and it gets quite a bit of screen time in the new movie, so it seems like a must-have.

Besides...it wouldn't feel right to walk around without anything in your hands, y'know? Gotta carry some kind of weapon. I'll most likely paint the spear to more closely match the Pred1 color scheme.

D

davidsarnecki

My latest project is to create a Shirikin(I have no idea how its spelt). After a while it gets boring to create film weapons, when you can invent your own entirily different creations!

T

The Clone Commander

I'll be lugging around a custom plasma rifle and twin shoulder cannons a knife cutting disk, med pack, twin guantlets w/ 2 retractable blades each, I dunno what else I'll think of something though.........

-Mike

H

Halo Predator

Hmmm, I did throw around the idea of maybe some sort of 'Katana' blade or a 'vibro' axe...

Kinda like what Sandy did with his issued 'bladed' weapons in DE and the various Pred Kits with held Spears.

Just me.

Tim.

K

kithunter

Cutting disk, Dual edge blade gaunlets, Mini gun shoulder cannon, Extended 7' combi stick... let me see what else?.... oh yeah, the baddest weapon wll be ....umm ME .

If you think about it your a walking arsenal of blades,
spears, armor. Life is good

H

Halo Predator

Actually, the Pred is a walking Nuclear Time Bomb...I think it's cool hunting with a mini-nuke on your left wrist...

Mini-Nuke, when you absolutely need to clear jungle traffic...

Tim.

K

kithunter

walking Nuclear Time Bomb
Ummm not something i want to even attempt,
I'm good with an airbrush and some paints but i stay away from anything that could take me out and a 30 block radius.

but please tim keep us posted on your progress of that piece of the costume If we don't hear from ya for a few days we'll know what happened.

H

Halo Predator

Ummm not something i want to even attempt,
I'm good with an airbrush and some paints but i stay away from anything that could take me out and a 30 block radius.

but please tim keep us posted on your progress of that piece of the costume If we don't hear from ya for a few days we'll know what happened.
Somehow I knew that my Military Sapper training would prove useful...

Great timing too, got a Major Ex coming up in a few months and I could hit the Ammo Dump for so excess C-4.

Will keep you posted...if I don't...I love you guys...

A

AlienHunter

I don't know about carrying any additional weapons besides the ones accommodated by the costume itself, but I was planning on carrying a custom made bloody skull with the spine attached!

D

davidsarnecki

The macchette is a great weapon if your looking for that aswell. It appeared ALOT, most recently in the last shot of Batman: Dead End.

T

TheTerminator

i have one question....HOW CAN YOU PEOPLE DO THIS!!!
im a simple guy, i dont have the money to buy the parts and pieces...let alone the kits.

man...ill never be able to make a pred costume like the ones iv seen here...everything iv made is nothing compared to this stuff...

Y

yautja clone

Quote..."HOW CAN YOU PEOPLE DO THIS !!!"....Well actually it can be simple even on a limited financial source. 1.) Its determination, goal oriented, and the LOVE of the hobby. Others have raw talent and a love for COFFEE... .
Some components of a Pred suit are readily available and "FREE". Wanna know, ask me I'LL post sources. 2.) TIME is another factor. Some of these suits take years to complete,,,ask Kithunter. Others can be done in a matter of weeks and months, just depends on how much time and effort you put into it. Everyone on this board is here to: Buy/Sell/Make/Collect...etc ( PREDATOR ). All you have to do is ask.

Ron

Yautja Clone :.

P

predatom

Hey, We aren't here to sell anything!! We would need a license to do that.

Y

yautja clone

You mean I / We cannot sell Posters, models, trinkets, VHS, DVD movies, and so on to other members interested ? If its non-licensed memorbilia I believe its legal. I did not intend to mislead someone to believe were here to sell reproduction props and such, licensed items that is. MY MISTAKE, Hopefully this clarifies it a bit. Thanks for the pointer.

Ron

M

Maverick118

Well it's taken me almost 12 months to get things moving with mine, it originally started out as almost a joke between me and a couple of mates. I've had to save money a bit at a time to be able to afford the clay and the tools, believe me over here in the UK chavant clay isn't cheap which is why I went with this nylon re-inforced clay for my first sculpt. But the most time consuming of all was coming up with original concepts but still keeping it "Predator." Just take your time and it'll happen, just don't expect it to happen overnight. Oh yeah, and don't forget the staple diet of most prop and SFX people mucho coffee and cigarettes and no sleep. Okay I'm off to make some thing else

P

predatom

Hey,
ya mean this machete

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mr Fett

That machete looks sweet! Is it the one the elder Predator had at the end of P2?

H

Halo Predator

Nice Machete Tom! Do you actually have that on hand? Details buddy details!

Tim.

P

predatom

Nah,
Can't say that I have that piece. It's the same style as the one at the end of P2. The one in the movie looks to be an everyday machete with those shapes bandsawed out. The other I think might even be a miniature from a model. Which has more stylized "beveled" edges.

Last edited by a moderator: