Who is camping for a PS3?

• Thread starter Hombre Murcielago
  • Start date
H

Hombre Murcielago

Okay guys, with the release of this system on the 17th I want to know what is your strategy to get one (if you are getting one) that day. I think its going to be insane but I really want to get my hands on one soon, not mids next year...any ingenuous ideas besides camping? Pre-ordering is out of the question-impossible.

-FN

T

The Xcalibor

The only ones i know of that are being shipped are the ones that are pre-ordered and those sold out back in June. I am gonna wait a bit and see how it goes on the launch. I got a 360 with Gears of War and Call of Duty 3 so im good for a while, then with Halo 3 comming out in a few months, WHEW. But good luck with everything!

KEITH

S

Shadow predator

Since the X360 performs exactly like I expected it too, and it features the types of games I like, I will NOT be camping for the PS3. I never been much into Sony's console, and still am not this generation...

And trust me, it's not the absurd steep price or the rather fridge/toaster looking design, it's the games lignup. It's either purely Asian-oriented or multiplatform. And I don't really like Asian oriented games...

Y

yautjafanboy

I work at at a games store, so I want one but we here in great(my arse) britain have to wait till ******* march! and will have to pay about £500 for one! **** Im gunna have to sell another kidney on ebay thats three kidneys so far dammit i need more organs!

S

Shataan

I have a 360... but no key mouse support. So, I don`t play it. I may use it for HD DVD movie playback if the thing is half decent. My son plays it tho. He doesn`t mind the 1 to 2 hour fight to be able to figure out game control schemes. lol Scroow that.

S

Shadow predator

Shataan, you lazy bum, 1 hour to get used to some controls? Buy the better games :p

Will be camping for Gears of War which will be released next week...

S

Supreme Hunter

Gears of Wars is already out just got done playin it not to long ago.

-Chris

S

Shadow predator

It's out in the states alright, but here we have to wait till the 17th...

S

Shataan

Coming in the "what the hell is Sony doing?" department comes word from IGN that games which support 720p as the native display resolution will not work properly on 1080i displays which lack 720p support. As implemented, the PS3 will play the 480p version of the title, rather than taking the 720p version and upsampling it to 1080i.
As it turns out, gamers who own older HD sets that feature only 480i, 480p, and 1080i resolution input capabilities will have to settle for the display quality being downsized as the game boots in its 480p mode rather than upscaling the image from its more desirable 720p mode to the TV's 1080i. We tested this development on older HDTV sets with games designed for 720p but not 1080i -- Resistance: Fall of Man, NHL 2K7, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07, and Need for Speed Carbon. Sure enough, the system downshifted all four titles to 480p rather than moving up to 1080i.
This further mystifies the scaling properties of the PS3, as early reports are saying that DVD titles will not be upscaled, even through the HDMI interface.

R

RaptorArts

I think its rather silly to buy one at that price but thats just me. I dont game, too much other things to worry about. And the people on ebay are just insaine! Over $1000.00 for a gaming system?!? If you ask me its f'ing insaine...

P

pirkleations

In my stone-age abode, I've been happy with my Nintendo and Super Nintendo. But I do have to get up every now and then to feed Dino and go to the Water Buffalo Lodge meetings. Not to mention the joys of bowling.

Nibs does Real Arcade on her computer. So, we've never really craved any of these new-fangled systems.

"Wilma!! Where's my dinner?!?!"

~DangerDavey

I

inkdoctor

couldnt care less im not into gaming, and some of these idiots are spending over 2500.00 for them on ebay. what for in a couple weeks they'll be back in the stores that are sold out and in 6 months to a year they'll sell for half the price. and theres people getting shot for taking cuts in line over this thing. i'll never understand the big deal about it i guess im from a different generation where instead of playing gameson the couch i was actually out living life and playing real games.

H

Hunterpred210

Haven't people learned from pass Holiday toy crazes?. From Furby to ticke me Elmo. It can't e done. why not just wait till after the season when the price goes down and there are plenty systems to go around. Only reason I see that people have to have it now just to say you own noe right when it came out. usuallly with new game systems there are bugs in them.

B

bammatrooper

not to mention that sony might make a better slimer ps3 like they did to the ps2