Who sculpted what in Stan Winston's studio in predator ??

zealwing

Hunter
OK just wanna make sure here I used to think as many that it was Mr Steve Wang who did a lot of, and most of predator, but but who sculpted what ?? Matt rose the head ?? Steve Wang the body with john rosengrant or both ?? if anybody has more detail info that would really great ! so far I'm waiting on the Winston effect book to get here. I understand it was a team efffort and it lookes like John did most of the work in predator 2.

inkmonster

Hunter
actually it wasnt wang and rosengrant that sculpted the body it was rosengrant and matt. rosengrant sculpted the feet. the only thing steve did was sculpt the backpack shoulder cannon as far as i know of. and he painted it but wasnt the sculpter. i believe he sculpted the original gort bio that they decieded to scrap for the smoother bio they ended up using in the film. do you have the winston effect? it pretty much tells you who sculpted what.

zealwing

Hunter
actually it wasnt wang and rosengrant that sculpted the body it was rosengrant and matt. rosengrant sculpted the feet. the only thing steve did was sculpt the backpack shoulder cannon as far as i know of. and he painted it but wasnt the sculpter. i believe he sculpted the original gort bio that they decieded to scrap for the smoother bio they ended up using in the film. do you have the winston effect? it pretty much tells you who sculpted what.
Thank you for the info Ink :) Now I understand it all better now, its funny after all these years, I had it wrong ! I don't have the book yet its on order. very interesting info thanks again.

carlart

Hunter
Don't forget Shane Mahan on the body. There's a photo of him and J.R. sculpting the P1 body in the new Winston book. I believe Matt Rose did the head, not sure.

carlart

inkmonster

Hunter
your right carl it was shane and not matt that worked on the body with john. shane and john looked like they did most of the work on the predator.

zealwing

Hunter
Don't forget Shane Mahan on the body. There's a photo of him and J.R. sculpting the P1 body in the new Winston book. I believe Matt Rose did the head, not sure.

carlart
Thanks Carl, I cant believe I totally forgot about Shane Mahan !!