[WIP] Ahab Predator Cosplay Build (2018-2019)

Discussion in 'Predator Costumes' started by Yautjaleader, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Yautjaleader

Yautjaleader Young Blood

These are the few props I've made with EVA foam so far...

oFOdJmp.jpg

Feedback appreciated.

2. Vebo1

Vebo1 Hunter

Happy to see your post . Can’t wait for the rest of your build . Clean foam work,

Texas predator likes this.
  3. Yautjaleader

Yautjaleader Young Blood

Thank you! I'm working on the left gauntlet now. I've been looking at adapting a lycra bodysuit...also purchased a really good mask for the head. Will probably figure something out for the gloves and hands. Still need to do the backpack, armor, sash, and plasmacaster arm.

Vebo1, Texas predator and Shogun like this.
  4. Vebo1

Vebo1 Hunter

If you need help with anything just give me a shout!!

5. Texas predator

Texas predator Blooded

I LIKE your weapon props yautja leader. My favorite is the disc from PREDATOR 2 :) it looks awesome.

Vebo1 likes this.
  6. Yautjaleader

Yautjaleader Young Blood

The bodysuit, hands, and feet might be a challenge. My thought process was a lycra bodysuit, latex creature gloves (repainting them), and ordering predfeet from Etsy. I'm already getting a predator mask from there...and its a good deal for the money. Need some help with Ahab's biomask...I can't find any templates for it anywhere nor can I find files for 3D printing. Any advice...?

Thanks! The disc is actually based on the Neca Ultimate Ahab Predator figure smart disc. But definitely a good homage to Predator 2.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  7. Yautjaleader

Yautjaleader Young Blood

Made a ton of progress last night. I've nearly finished the entire wrist computer gauntlet...

El4sMWV.jpg
    L8O6C1B.jpg

LunaticNic, Shogun and Vebo1 like this.
  8. Angrychutney

Angrychutney Blooded

going to be watching your progress as your going the same route i went. Not to sound big headed, if theres anything i can help with feel free to ask.There's some parts i'm going to redo so maybe get some tips from you. keep at it so rewarding when its done.

9. Yautjaleader

Yautjaleader Young Blood

My man...I'm a noob foamcrafter. I'm by no means an expert...I just look at something and I build it. My hinge system for my wrist computer door is lightyears ahead of any tutorial build I've seen yet. I'm open to any advice possible.

Shogun likes this.
  10. Angrychutney

Angrychutney Blooded

I did a hinge on my wrist computer and used an old smartphone with a predator countdown app (same as you) i just used dolls house hinges with screws and superglue. the latch is just a nail and a magnet, it works locks shut and opens with a flick. ...... I'm a noob myself my predator costume is the first time I tried my hand at anything like this. have a look on the rpf for free foam templates. you will need to download a pepekura veiwer to see how it all goes together....can send you some more pics if you want ...... the guys on here are great really helpfull ...... as for me just let me know if you need anything ......

wrist bomb 2.jpg

wrist bomb.jpg

wrist bomb 3.jpg

LunaticNic, Shogun and lazybones88 like this.
  11. Yautjaleader

Yautjaleader Young Blood

How did you do the backpack and mechanical arm bit for the plasmacaster? Those seem tricky.

12. Yautjaleader

Yautjaleader Young Blood

Made more progress! Finished both gauntlets...plastidipped them both, my plasmacaster, and finished my glaive.

MbqOkAW.jpg

LunaticNic, Shogun and Angrychutney like this.
  13. Angrychutney

Angrychutney Blooded

I used the templates on RPF for nearly all my suit.(can send you a link if you need it the files if I still have them saved) just had to tweak it and adjust certain parts to get it to fit and look right.

14. Angrychutney

Angrychutney Blooded

That's for the full AVP style armour

15. Yautjaleader

Yautjaleader Young Blood

To my knowledge, the avp style armor will work for the backpack.

ECIXDg7.jpg

Edit...forgot post this:
    nNmtyzr.jpg

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    Vebo1 likes this.
  16. Yautjaleader

Yautjaleader Young Blood

Still in the midst of drying..but the paint job looks great!

9AAeF2x.jpg

17. Yautjaleader

Yautjaleader Young Blood

After some paint..
    fdCScbi.jpg

Derrick G likes this.
  18. Vebo1

Vebo1 Hunter

Looks good . You can black wash the recesses to give it a little more depth/shadow.

19. Yautjaleader

Yautjaleader Young Blood

That's the plan. I'm stuck at work all day today...so when I get off, I'll add weathering, paint chipping, etx.

Vebo1 likes this.
  20. Yautjaleader

Yautjaleader Young Blood

Weathered them up, bro.

TZVzj9A.jpg

Derrick G likes this.
  21. Vebo1

Vebo1 Hunter

Nice job on the weathering can’t wait to see the rest of the build .

22. Yautjaleader

Yautjaleader Young Blood

I've got the facial mask covered...I contracted an Etsy seller to make it. As...I don't have the room, money, or equipment for making latex molds.
    C3ylYhT.jpg

working on the biomask...
    CPEMsAm.jpg
    ppGG02J.jpg

Gonna use crafting putty on the cracks and add more detail. Consider this a rough draft.

As for the bodysuit/gloves/feet I'm thinking about doing this and adding fake nails (from a nail salon and painting them black)...
    alJlsz3.jpg

The netting should be a baseball or hockey net. I'll need to find schematics/templates for the P1 style chest armor and shin/lower leg armor.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    Vebo1 likes this.
  23. deepseadiver96

deepseadiver96 Unblooded

That biomask is lookin great! I gotta ask, how much did that mask cost you and what shop is it exactly?

Vebo1 likes this.
  24. Yautjaleader

Yautjaleader Young Blood

It cost me about...$265 out the gate, shipping included. Monstermandanstudios sells them. However he has none listed at the moment...so I think his que for them is filled currently.

Vebo1 likes this.
  25. Yautjaleader

Yautjaleader Young Blood

Starting Backpack construction now. Made mistakes with it...will take it apart and correct them.

WrEn9Eh.jpg

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    Angrychutney, LunaticNic and Vebo1 like this.