Wolf Mask Update!dreads And Quills Added

OldSchool45B

Unblooded
thanks guys,once i've finished sculpting the head I'm gonna make a plaster mold to make some masks
thanks guys,once i've finished sculpting the head I'm gonna make a plaster mold to make some masks
Dude, I am all over a mask like ugly on an ape!!! I am building an ancient themed predator and the missing mandible is PERFECT!!!! PLEASE let me know when you are ready to begin selling masks.

hannay07

Hunter
WOW!!! That is ah inspiring! The detail is fantastic! Wolf always looked super visicous with that scar across his face! I cant wait to see this become a mask! If the price is right, might have to look into owning one lol

lasnakes

Blooded
Guys,I need to pick ur brains,I've just started painting up my mask.I put One layer prosaide,followed by a layer of faskolor(not mixed)then another layer of prosaide and then I put a a layer of FWinks neat and now its dried its cothered with tiny little cracks.should i be putting a lyer of prsaide between every coat of fwink!! and maybe water down the inks?any suggestion would be much apppreciated.
Cheers.
Adie

snaakpac

Unblooded
I have never used a layer of prosaide,I make one base coat latex primer(grey or white).I than use FW inks but I add 3 drops of 99% alcohol(sometimes a drop of water to thin it more ).It takes to the latex amazing.You have to be careful that's it's not runny because it will take the latex right off so I also seal the primer coat as well for extra protection.I seal each coat or detail with a mixture of Liquitex Gloss meduim and Matt medium-half of each and add water to airbrush it.Gives a nice sheen.I think the FW and Faskolor might be reacting to the prosaide.With latex I think you really can't just shoot straight out the bottle since they are water based and won't stretch to the latex. I could be wrong... just a guess.
Guys,I need to pick ur brains,I've just started painting up my mask.I put One layer prosaide,followed by a layer of faskolor(not mixed)then another layer of prosaide and then I put a a layer of FWinks neat and now its dried its cothered with tiny little cracks.should i be putting a lyer of prsaide between every coat of fwink!! and maybe water down the inks?any suggestion would be much apppreciated.
Cheers.
Adie

lasnakes

Blooded
I have never used a layer of prosaide,I make one base coat latex primer(grey or white).I than use FW inks but I add 3 drops of 99% alcohol(sometimes a drop of water to thin it more ).It takes to the latex amazing.You have to be careful that's it's not runny because it will take the latex right off so I also seal the primer coat as well for extra protection.I seal each coat or detail with a mixture of Liquitex Gloss meduim and Matt medium-half of each and add water to airbrush it.Gives a nice sheen.I think the FW and Faskolor might be reacting to the prosaide.With latex I think you really can't just shoot straight out the bottle since they are water based and won't stretch to the latex. I could be wrong... just a guess.
Thanks for the reply,yeah Ithought the inks were a little to thick so watering down the inks with some isopropanol could be the answer,

Usurper

Veteran Hunter
Fw and faskolor do not react with prosaide , I have been painting that way for 5 years.

Chances are you are painting too thick of a layer.

Oh and you do NOT have to seal each fw ink layer.

Prosaide/ faskolor or fw base, the fw until you are done , or if you are worried do another prosaide after a couple of layers. Then seal it all with either PERMAWET or LIQUITEX gloss medium and varnish.
Thin layers and washes are the key to building up the colours gradually, do not dump lots of ink to try get a certain colour in one coat.

lasnakes

Blooded
Thanks again Lee,shame I'm working this weekend but gonna get stuck in next week and hopefuly have some beautiful pix to post up in the process

lasnakes

Blooded
Hi all,yeah there will be an update shortly,just been very busy this year and not had the time to produce anything yet.but will be back in action as from tomorrow