Wolverine X1 and X2 Leather Jackets.

DAVIDYR1

Hunter
Finally got these done and we just snapped some quick pics. Unfortunately it was already after the sun set so I'll be taking more in the daylight tomorrow.
Some are with camera flash and some without.

The leather is thick, but very pliable. They both feel great. I forgot to note the double stitching on the suede areas of the X2 jacket along the burgundy areas but that's easily added in production. I had it in my notes, but didnt realize I missed it in the pattern work. As ususal please disregard the bags under my eyes....

X1

DSCF4133.jpg

DSCF4119.jpg

DSCF4132.jpg

DSCF4131.jpg

X2

DSCF4149.jpg

DSCF4137.jpg

DSCF4157.jpg

DSCF4142.jpg

X1 Prototype Thoughts:
I think that all around this one is pretty spot on. The length is great..the fit is great..colors are bang on and it just feels great to wear.

X2 Prototype Thoughts:
Same as the X1 however I did neglect to indicate some double stitch lines in the burgundy areas. It is not something that warrants a new prototype but will be implimented in production.

They both feel outstanding...once weathered, and 'if' I decide to rip one of the sleeve stripes off then I think this will be pretty darn close to the jackets seen on screen.

Thoughts?? Feedback??
Let's have it.
Details available shortly.......;)

David

Sinister

Hunter
Awesome as always ;)
You really know how to knock up a quality jacket. Do you just produce these for yourself? Or do you make a prototype then get someone to put them into production? All the jackets I've seen you produce in the past would surely fly off the racks. Your quality of work shows through and I'm sure a lot of people here would kill to get their hands on one. Me included!

DAVIDYR1

Hunter
Ptgreek,
Thanks buddy. Very nice of you to say that. ;)

Awesome as always
You really know how to knock up a quality jacket. Do you just produce these for yourself? Or do you make a prototype then get someone to put them into production? All the jackets I've seen you produce in the past would surely fly off the racks. Your quality of work shows through and I'm sure a lot of people here would kill to get their hands on one. Me included!
Thanks man!!! I always make a prototype first then do a small run for those obsessive, compulsive..... mad collectors and costumers out there.
I lived in Italy for about 8 years working in the garment industry. I specialized in designing and producing outerwear (mens and womens...leather and fabric) so some of these replica garments I've been doing are really second nature to me. I make the patterns, engineer everything from scratch and then the jackets themselves are made from scratch too. Nothing is modified from off the shelf stuff.
If you're interested in the details for either of these jackets, just drop me a line. I'll probably have finished crunching the numbers by the end of the week.

Thanks again guys for the kind words of support.

David

ronin

Hunter
Thats a jackets killer man. I dig the pattern and the suede too. You got skills bro...right on
for sharing! ;)

Skullsplitter

Elite Hunter
Killer editions, both of them... Very sweet

prototype haircut?

Nah, long hair just makes you play with it a little, it's all short now...

Last edited by a moderator:

DAVIDYR1

Hunter
Thanks mucho!!!
Here's a few more pics too. Oh and my size chart will be ready very soon for the sizes...assuming something like these bad boys are cool enough for you Hunters.... :)

2007_0415001.jpg

Look closely at the leather and you'll see what I mean by easy-self weathering..it's really starting to look the part.

2007_0415002.jpg

All details and zippers stitched in very clean and tidy. Everything is tight.

2007_0415005.jpg

2007_0415006.jpg

2007_0415008.jpg

2007_0415009.jpg

2007_0415010.jpg

2007_0415011.jpg

I'll be tightening up the torso a bit...correcting a few minor things I missed on these prototypes...but anyone looking for these guys just drop me a line.

I still want to take pics of someone OTHER than me wearing this from all sides..
Also some of the back pics really give an idea to the thickness of the leather...but like I've said earlier....it's really really soft and pliable.

Need or WANT ONE?....contact me for the details...
:)

Killer editions, both of them... Very sweet

prototype haircut?

Nah, long hair just makes you play with it a little, it's all short now...
LOL...if there was a pic in that area I must have missed it as now all I see is a map. Please tell me you didnt photoshop me with short hair...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
LOL

David

Skullsplitter

Elite Hunter
Hmmm, seems the host replaces all pics after some while... pitty...

here it is, no photoshop at all :')