Work in progres: Predator 2 , 1:6 scale

Petedator

Unblooded
Hello! Thought I´d post a picture of my latest project. It´s Agronauts Japan´s Predator 2 w/ cutting disc. The legs were modified into a wider pose and all the dreadlocks are made from Games Workshop´s Greenstuff, a double epoxy putty. I´m leaving the smart disc off because the pose was influenced by an cover of Starlog magazine, where the predator is looking menacing at the camera.
The Dreadlocks reguire some sanding and filling, and of course the rings (2 pieces / dred.) .
And the wristblades´ tips are scratchbuil, I´l also be adding netting to replace the smooth helmet lense, as seen in the movie.

Greetings from Finland

Pete R.

I Added some pics again, the dreds and the skin reguire some sanding and filling...The basic color of the helmet is applied.

HPIM1648.JPG

HPIM1657.JPG

hpim1658.JPG

hpim1663.JPG

HPIM1662.JPG

Petedator

Unblooded
And here´s update on bio helmet. The original eyepiece was removed and a little piece on grid was added to include realism, as seen in the movie. The grid was kindly donated by my student friend, Thanks Antti! :)

hpim1652.JPG

hpim1651.JPG

Faken

Hunter
That looks brilliant... very nice! First time I see a kit so well detailed with custom bits like this I love it :)

adegregorio

Hunter
And here´s update on bio helmet. The original eyepiece was removed and a little piece on grid was added to include realism, as seen in the movie. The grid was kindly donated by my student friend, Thanks Antti! :)
I tried to find a little screen/grid in scale like that but I didn't even come close....... :)

May I ask where you got that? :)

AL

Petedator

Unblooded
Hello! My friend found it at flea market. He thinks that it´s a filter for a cars gasoline pump...

Hope that helps.

Pete R.

locusta

Unblooded
Great work so far. That pushes me to finish my Argonaut´s Predators too. So many things to do so less time. :)

Please show more wip pix. :)

zealwing

Hunter
That is Sweet Pete ! its good to see some model kits here nice work. :) Question Pete were did you get that cool P2 poster I know I had one just like that from a comic book from dark horse ??

Petedator

Unblooded
Hello! The "poster" was printed from internet, www.predatorstuff.com , it was in the predator 2 images section.

Pete R.

Robillicus

Hunter
Hey man, that's very sweet looking!! I like the scratch built dred-locks you made. They look much better than the kits'.

The screen on the helmet was a nice touch too. I've seen the same screen inside of a coffee maker. An expensive coffee maker. It could also be the screen used in faucets, I'm not sure though.

I can't wait to see you get this whole thing finished up, it's gonna look sweet. Well done so far!

:)

Great conversion!! The dreads look waaaaaaaaay better that way! Great job on adding the Bio lense screen!
Can't wait to see him painted!

Petedator

Unblooded
Ok, The Predator got a couple of different shades of reddish brown and the next stop is to add spots and other detail to the skin. The armor was slightly paited over with flesh tone due to the masking mistakes but it is not hardwork to repaint those parts. I´m not much of a painter but the result is quite pleasing to the eye.

HPIM1687.JPG

HPIM1690.JPG