Work in Progress Shots of My Body Armor

P

Polygon

Hey,

Since I'm new to this community, I thought I should display the first set of armor I just finished creating. Keep in mind I'm going for a customized design, not screen accurate. I have yet to paint the armor, so it looks a little rough right now with just the black fun foam, but I should have it finished relatively soon.

Basically, as per Big Gunn's tutorial, I used primarily fun foam , glue glun and gorilla glue in creating the armor, and layered pieces on top of one another for added thickness. I also used sections of insulated foam for areas which needed to be fairly "meaty." Right now, the pieces are extremely light and firm, so it should make for a believable set of armor once it has been painted.

For the actual paintjob, I was thinking of something along the lines of brushed metal as seen in Predator 1 and mostly silver in color with wear and tear.

I'll post some shots of it painted some time next week once I get my plasti-dip in so I can start.

RIGHT CLICK AND HIT VIEW IMAGE IF THEY AREN'T SHOWING

Last edited by a moderator:
T

ta2pro

totally sweet!id love to get a hold of those and paint em' up!

T

The Mortal Immortal

I like it, you get a gold start for that killer suit.

T

The Big Gunns

Great job with the foamies... its gonna look great painted!

~Mel

K

keefer649

fricken fantastic! Looks great! Amazing what ya can do with the foamies eh?

P

Polygon

Thank you all for the enthusastic response. After viewing even more body suits in the forums, I'm going to try incorporating some battle damage in the armor- such as dents, scratches, etc.

What tools would you all recommend for stipping and making various types of texture?

P

Polygon

Hey guys,

I just finished painting the body armor over the weeked, so I thought I should share a few photos of them. I decided to go for the "battle worn" look which I have a preference for, and incorporate a bit of alien blood.

RIGHT CLICK AND HIT VIEW IMAGE IF THEY AREN'T SHOWING

WristGauntlet.jpg

ShoulderArmor.jpg

PackRear.jpg

PackQuarterView.jpg

Overview3.jpg

Overview2.jpg

Overview1.jpg

LeftGauntlet.jpg

P

pirkleations

That armor is lookin' pretty bad-azz!!!

Great weathering and distressing job!!!

~DangerDavey

P

Polygon

Hey guys,

I decided to refine the paintjob a bit since it seemed a bit splotchy in areas. Here is some of the work I did over the weekend:

PackNew1.jpg

RearView.jpg

PackRear-1.jpg