Shane Blacks The Predator

Discussion in 'General Predator Discussion' started by Huntress, May 14, 2017.

1. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Elite Hunter

I'm not sure how they could think this would be something the fans want.
    For some reason it seems to be that they feel the strange need to constantly "reinvent" a franchise. And if this is correct, they are changing the whole Mythology of the Predator. To think the skulls and spines weren't trophies feels sort of like a spit in the face to the fans ... isn't that one of the main things we identify with the Predator? What about the trophy wall in p2? Or polishing the skulls ...

PredatorSpirit and Jmen like this.
  2. Tallon

Tallon Young Blood

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??????????????????

This belongs in fanfic, not a movie.

Imagine...a movie of Prey! Or Hunter's Planet!

PredatorSpirit and LunaticNic like this.
  3. Isubomo

Isubomo Elite Hunter

To be honest Tallon, I would love nothing more than a movie based on Prey, but others wouldn't like it for the same reason this movie is rumoured to be all about: Working with Humans.

And what of Hunter's Planet? Xenos on steroids, being controlled by humans. So what does a Predator clan that happens to be on Hunter's Planet do? Team up with Machiko and a group of marines who also happen to be at the same said planet. Ring a bell with this movie? ;)

That's why I haven't really said anything about these supposedly new info that's been leaked, cause I love the Machiko trilogy novels ;)

However, I do agree, the retcon on the spines, trophies...that's utter BS.

LunaticNic and Wreav like this.
  4. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Elite Hunter

I wonder if this is some evil scheme of Shane Black to get back at the Predator for killing him and dragging him through the Jungle?

JH_drags_Hawkins_away.png

Tallon, Jmen, Isubomo and 1 other person like this.
  5. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

Lol maybe!

LunaticNic likes this.
  6. Isubomo

Isubomo Elite Hunter

ROFL :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

This is for all those who didn't laugh at Hawkins' 'Pussy' joke! XD

LunaticNic and Wreav like this.
  7. Tallon

Tallon Young Blood

I like ur new profile pic, Isubomo

TBH I do kinda like the premise of a team-up movie, but it just doesn't really work for me.

Isubomo likes this.
  8. Isubomo

Isubomo Elite Hunter

Cheers Tallon! :)

9. ********************* SPOILERS***********************************

At the very end, Dutch is coming with a chopper, he tells to the main character that
    he could join his task force, and the kid asks "me too ?" and Dutch replies :
    "Especially you!".

10. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

Arny said no to the role in the film publicly though...

11. Tallon

Tallon Young Blood

How do you know all this? Are YOU Shane Black? XD

12. I used to love Shane Black's work but this time he failed, and he failed with my fave franchise so i'm pissed at him.
    I know these lines word for word because i've read the draft.

13. Tallon

Tallon Young Blood

Are you part of the crew or something?

14. BENSIN

BENSIN Elite Hunter

LOL

Total gutter trash. These people know how to destroy franchises at a genius level. If this turns out the way it's looking to turn out then the entire cast, crew, studio and financial backers can eat my diarrhea bung hole raw.

P5TeuEh.gif

LunaticNic likes this.
  15. BENSIN

BENSIN Elite Hunter

You should listen to the AvP DVD commentary track done by the bozos at ADI. They were circle jerking each other on how great their work was in the first AvP film, not to mention Paul Waste of Space Anderson going on about how they call the original Predator plasma caster the Hair Dryer and the P2 caster the Cell Phone. They all then go on to make one of the worst movies ever created. From what I've seen in the pictures and ADI being involved, this one is another straight to the toilet endeavor.

PredatorSpirit, Tallon and LunaticNic like this.
  16. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Elite Hunter

I was waiting for your commentary on this, and I was not disappointed :D

17. Tallon

Tallon Young Blood

It just pains me. I personally would welcome another collab with humans, but NOT THIS!!!!!

Yes, I have seen the commentary. Pretending their movie wasn't shitty, ha!

18. Tallon

Tallon Young Blood

Yes, Shane black really needs one of your nice kebabs

Wreav likes this.
  19. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

Probably does, whatever he's currently eating has screwed with his mind.

20. I remember how all the people involved in the commentary boasted about their magificent work.
    But yet AVP is a stuff nightmares are made of.

LunaticNic likes this.
  21. Tallon

Tallon Young Blood

Apart from a few coolish moments.

22. BENSIN

BENSIN Elite Hunter

I aim to please. :cool: UNLIKE Hollywood. :sick:

Yeah, AvP was one of the most poorly executed projects I've ever had the displeasure of seeing. They need to start offering Zoloft with these movies instead of popcorn because it's pretty depressing how badly they've destroyed the franchise. That new Alien Covenant movie was a laughing matter too, not that I care as much about the space roaches as I did for Predator, but both franchises are as shriveled up as King Tut's penis at this point...in my opinion anyway.

LunaticNic likes this.
  23. Tallon

Tallon Young Blood

Hmm...well I didn't dislike the premise of Predators per se, and the armour of the three Supers looked really cool (esp the Falconer). But they really tried to hard to make Royce an 'anti-hero' and you basically ended up liking the freaking corpses hanging everywhere more, at least there story may have been more interesting. But I do think that Adrian Brody (Royce) tried really hard to save the movie, all things considered.